7 things you need to know about cellulite
Most of us women will battle cellulite at some point in our lives – and whether you develop it after having kids, after gaining/losing weight or whether you’ve had it since you were a teenager, it can often leave you feeling awful about yourself!
However, there are a few things that you should know about cellulite:
1. All women can get it, and so can men! Cellulite is more prominent in women and it’s based on much more than simply being overweight, as many people incorrectly assume. Factors include, poor diet, yoyo dieting, hormonal changes, lack of physical activity, dehydration and even the thickness of your skin.
2. There’s more than one type. Adipose cellulite is the firm cellulite (appearing like an “orange peel” on loose skin), Oedematous cellulite is caused by fluid retention (and often looks like soft cellulite on loose skin) and fibrotic cellulite is hard, compact cellulite. As not all cellulite is created equally, different people require different treatment methods, or combinations of methods, unique to their specific bodies.
3. It’s hereditary. Many of our clients come in complaining of cellulite and wondering how they got it, when they live fit and healthy lifestyles – but unfortunately, no one is safe from cellulite as it’s easily passed down through families. If your mother suffers from cellulite, for instance, it’s a fairly safe bet that you will too.
4. It can appear anywhere on the body. Most women experience cellulite on the upper thighs and buttocks, but it can appear in any area with little circulation.
5. Exercising before cellulite treatments helps the muscles warm up, and increase the chances of success for your treatment.
6. Body brushing treatments at home will help combat the appearance of new cellulite, in addition to cellulite treatments such as Lumologie to fight the appearance of your existing cellulite.
7. Your diet can play a big part. Although cellulite is largely hereditary, your lifestyle does play a big role. Where possible, avoid eating highly processed and artificial foods or foods that contain sweeteners and additives, which are known to contribute to the development of cellulite.
Are you looking to fight the appearance of cellulite? Our Lumologie & Lipo Cavitation treatments may be able to help you.
Lumologie is a non-invasive treatment that works along side a healthy diet, detoxification methods exercise helping make cellulite something of the past. This new development in cellulite treatment is based on the patented technology developed in France by a leading European company whom specialise in vacuum therapy.
Ultrasound Lipo Cavitation is a new, revolutionary fat removal technology that does NOT involve surgery. The treatment does not require anesthesia , no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction.