The sun is starting to shine again and ladies everywhere are getting ready to pull those bathing suits out from the back of the closet – and with only a few months to go until Summer, now is a great time to give your body some help reducing those stubborn fatty areas that aren’t shrinking much with diet and exercise alone.
To help shed unwanted fatty tissue, we recommend a combination of Lipo Cavitation and Infra Red Detox Saunas.
Step 1: Blast fat with Lipo Cavitation.
Ultrasound Lipo Cavitation is a new, revolutionary fat removal technology that does NOT involve surgery. The treatment does not require anesthesia , no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction for individuals wanting to assist their fat loss journey with a little boost.
The science behind Lipo Cavitation is quite amazing – Cavitation is a natural phenomenon based on low frequency ultrasound. The ultrasound field creates bubbles in the liquid, which gradually grow, and explode at a certain size. The energy in the form of heat and pressure wave is released. As the membranes of fat cells do not have the structural capacity to withstand the vibrations, the effect of cavitation easily breaks them, while sparing the vascular, nervous and muscular tissue. The result is an instant or loss of fat cells. Like magic!
After disruption of adipose cells, the fat in the form of triglycerides is released into the interstitial fluid between the cells, where there are enzymatically metabolised to glycerol and free fatty acids. The water soluble glycerol is absorbed by the circulatory system and used as the energy source, and the insoluble free fatty acids are transported to the liver and processed as fatty acids from food – a.k.a. eliminated from the body via your bladder. This means that it’s super important to make sure that you’re consuming plenty of water before and after your appointment to help your body release of all those nasty toxins.
In one 40 minute session, most clients lose between 2 and 10 cm from their target area. Lipo Cavitation generally works best on the thighs, stomach, buttocks and upper arms and many clients even find the procedure so relaxing that they fall asleep.
Please note: as Lipo Cavitation relies on the liver being in healthy condition, it may not be suitable for some clients. Click here to find out if Lipo Cavitation is right for you.
Step 2: Reinforce your results & get your sweat on with an Infra Red Detox Sauna!
When we say “detox” most people generally think of a juice cleanse, like the Lemon Detox Diet – however, an Infra Red Detox Sauna is the most effective way for your body to eliminate toxins.
Infra Red Detox Saunas are different from just any old sauna that you’ll find at your local health club – they’re highly specialised, advanced equipment. Conventional saunas need high air temperatures to pull impurities from the body, but infrared heated saunas can directly penetrate up to 45 mm inside the body. Impurities can be pushed out using lower and more comfortable temperatures. Compared to conventional sauna’s this means many more health benefits. As the body temperature rises, perspiration occurs and blood circulation increases. The muscles and organs are stimulated and toxic waste (fat, heavy metals and other toxic materials) is removed from your body through perspiration.
Infra Red Sauna detoxification is made possible by your body’s ability to get rid of toxins in your sweat. In fact, your body is actually programmed to get rid of wastes and toxins through any channel it can. We’re all exposed to hundreds of chemicals every day in the air we breathe, the things we touch, harsh skincare products, and what we eat and drink. And unfortunately not all of these chemicals can be processed easily by the body – Infra Red Detox Saunas help remove these toxins. And without help to remove these toxins, they simply accumulate in your fat.
The weight that you sweat out in an Infra Red Detox Sauna come from:
- Toxins circulating in your blood, waiting for the liver and/or kidneys to process them
- Toxins drawn out of tissues where they settled in the past but don’t belong (such as in your joints or the muscles of your heart)
- Toxins that were stored in your fat because they are fat soluble.
Everyone…we repeat, everyone – as proven by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – has dangerous toxins (like pesticides) stored in their bodies. (More on this in upcoming pages.) While that may be a frightening thought, it’s a lot less frightening when you know how to get rid of them. That’s where detoxifying by infrared sauna or traditional sauna comes in.
As you relax in the gentle heat of the Healthwave Infrared Sauna, your body is actually hard at work, producing sweat, pumping blood – and burning up to 1000 calories in just 30 minutes. So you lose weight – not just water.
Since an infrared sauna helps generate two to three times the sweat produced in a hot-air sauna, the implications for increased caloric consumption are quite impressive. Infrared therapy brings about a significant rise in the level of growth hormones that help to maintain lean body tissue, including muscle. In fact, a 30-minute session burns up to 1000 calories depending on your size and physical condition!
When you combine this amazing technology to help draw toxins out of the body with Lipo Cavitation to help your body rid itself of excess fat, the results are truly astounding.
Cms lost. Fat removed. Toxins drawn out. Glowing skin. A healthier heart… the list of benefits goes on and on!
Click here to find out if an Infra Red Detox Sauna is right for you.
This month only, pay just $99 for a 40 minute session of Lipo Cavitation (normally $129)!
Most of us women will battle cellulite at some point in our lives – and whether you develop it after having kids, after gaining/losing weight or whether you’ve had it since you were a teenager, it can often leave you feeling awful about yourself!
However, there are a few things that you should know about cellulite:
1. All women can get it, and so can men! Cellulite is more prominent in women and it’s based on much more than simply being overweight, as many people incorrectly assume. Factors include, poor diet, yoyo dieting, hormonal changes, lack of physical activity, dehydration and even the thickness of your skin.
2. There’s more than one type. Adipose cellulite is the firm cellulite (appearing like an “orange peel” on loose skin), Oedematous cellulite is caused by fluid retention (and often looks like soft cellulite on loose skin) and fibrotic cellulite is hard, compact cellulite. As not all cellulite is created equally, different people require different treatment methods, or combinations of methods, unique to their specific bodies.
3. It’s hereditary. Many of our clients come in complaining of cellulite and wondering how they got it, when they live fit and healthy lifestyles – but unfortunately, no one is safe from cellulite as it’s easily passed down through families. If your mother suffers from cellulite, for instance, it’s a fairly safe bet that you will too.
4. It can appear anywhere on the body. Most women experience cellulite on the upper thighs and buttocks, but it can appear in any area with little circulation.
5. Exercising before cellulite treatments helps the muscles warm up, and increase the chances of success for your treatment.
6. Body brushing treatments at home will help combat the appearance of new cellulite, in addition to cellulite treatments such as Lumologie to fight the appearance of your existing cellulite.
7. Your diet can play a big part. Although cellulite is largely hereditary, your lifestyle does play a big role. Where possible, avoid eating highly processed and artificial foods or foods that contain sweeteners and additives, which are known to contribute to the development of cellulite.
Are you looking to fight the appearance of cellulite? Our Lumologie & Lipo Cavitation treatments may be able to help you.
Lumologie is a non-invasive treatment that works along side a healthy diet, detoxification methods exercise helping make cellulite something of the past. This new development in cellulite treatment is based on the patented technology developed in France by a leading European company whom specialise in vacuum therapy.
Ultrasound Lipo Cavitation is a new, revolutionary fat removal technology that does NOT involve surgery. The treatment does not require anesthesia , no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction.
To help you fight the appearance of cellulite, make sure to take a look at our special monthly offer on Lipo Cavitation, running for this July only. Click here to book now.by
As the mercury drops and the sky goes grey, many of us find that suddenly, our skin looks a little less soft and supple than it usually does! And unfortunately, as we reach for warm socks, hot fireplaces and even hotter showers, dry air takes away the thin layer of oil that usually leaves moisture in our skin; leaving the skin feeling dry, itchy, cracked and painful. Traumatic skin responses such as cracking can also cause an inflammatory response in the body, making skin even more susceptible to flare-ups of skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Make sure you keep your skin healthy during winter by following these preventative steps:
- Make sure your diet contains plenty of healthy, monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, including nuts, olive oil, avocado, fish and flax seeds.
- Keep usage of boiling hot water in showers and baths to a minimum, as this is a recipe for irritated skin (and hair, too)! Instead, opt for lukewarm water and moisture-filled soaps for sensitive skin. Make sure to pat down your skin to dry with a towel, keeping excessive rubbing to a minimum.
- Choose the right skincare for your face. If you’re suffering from specific skin concerns, it makes sense that a generic moisturiser from Coles or Woolworths may not be enough to get those issues under control! For patients wishing to rapidly increase the hydration of the facial skin, we recommend an Aspect Lactobotanical Peel. If a gentle exfoliation and deep hydration is what you need without the flaky downtime and the added bonus of epidermal pigment reduction and anti-bacterial properties, these L-lactic acid based peels will get you those phenomenal results your looking for. Lactobotanical peels can be performed as a one off treatment however a course of 6 treatments is recommended.
- After bathing, apply a moisturising lotion to your body, ideally within 3 minutes of bathing, to help maximise your skin’s potential to absorb the necessary moisture to protect itself. The skin on your face also responds well to hydrating serums, creams and oils being applied promptly after bathing.
- Keep up regular facials. To help your skin look its most vibrant and healthy, we recommend keeping up a regular facial routine. An Advanced Vitamin Facial is a great place to start for many people, as it can to hydrate the skin. For clients wanting deeper results, Microdermabrasion is a gentle approach to exfoliating the skin. Using a fine stream of crystals, this treatment exfoliates the upper layers of the skin promoting collagen growth. As everyone has different skin types, the intensity of the treatment can be varied so even the most sensitive of skin types can benefit from this effective treatment. The elasticity and collagen production created by microdermabrasion enhances the tone and resilience of the skin. On top of this scarring caused by acne and enlarged pores will be reduced.
- Opt for breathable cotton clothing, rather than polyester and itchy wool blends. Less fitted clothing will also help to keep your skin from becoming irritated by perspiration, which makes skin more prone to chapping.
- Give your skin a fighting chance for new skin cells to be healthy by helping it to remove hardened and flaky dead skin from the surface, revealing the healthy new skin underneath. Epidermal Levelling is a safe, painless and extremely effective clinical treatment that is designed to evenly and deeply exfoliate the skin of the face.
- Drink plenty of water. This is essential at all times of year but especially during winter – the more hydrated your body stays, the more hydrated your skin stays, too!