The weather may be cold and icy right now but don’t be fooled – summer is just around the corner! And with 4 months to go until ladies everywhere start pulling the bikinis out from the back of the closet, now is the perfect time to get out of that winter slump and kick your health & fitness regimen up a notch!
Want your best summer body ever? Here’s how to get it:
ON THE INSIDE:
Pay attention to what you’re fuelling yourself with.
Particularly in winter, where you might be less inclined to jump out of bed and go for a workout, make sure you watch what you’re consuming. This doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in those hot chocolates or cosy comfort foods, but make sure that you’re still getting plenty of fresh fruits & veggies, lean meats and proteins. Although it’s easier just to reach for another Tim Tam than it is to go for the piece of fruit when it’s cold, your body will thank you.
Keep up regular exercise.
Rain and thunderstorms might prevent you from hitting the pavement, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still get a great workout. Join a 24-hour gym and fit working out around your lifestyle or if group fitness isn’t your thing, you can try working out at home! Zumba is a great option and there are also plenty of short fitness videos on YouTube that you can follow along with at home. Make sure that you’re getting at least 30 minutes of heart-pumping exercise a day – this is particularly important if you’re coming in for treatments such as Lipo Cavitation to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your treatments!
ON THE OUTSIDE:
Get your skin smooth & sexy.
Bikini weather means bearing more skin than at any other time of year – so make sure you’re not caught out with stray hairs or worse, ingrown hairs from ineffective hair removal methods! Ouch! If you’re looking for a permanent solution that’ll mean being able to ditch the razor and the hot wax strips for good, At Modesty Blaise we offer progressive permanent hair reduction using X-Lumin-X Square Pulsed Light (SPL) technology. If you’re after something less permanent, we also offer a painless, effective and discreet waxing service.
Invest in the right skincare products to minimise sun damage before it happens.
Beach weather means long, hot days out in the sun – great for your mood, but potentially awful for your skin! To prevent premature ageing and reduce the effects of the sun’s free radicals which can cause damage, it’s a good idea to gain a thorough understanding of your specific skin so that you can invest in the right products to keep it beautifully protected.
Budge those last few stubborn cm’s of fat with Lipo Cavitation.
If your diet and exercise program alone isn’t moving some stubborn areas of fat, we can help you reduce the size of those areas using Lipo Cavitation. The treatment does not require anaesthesia, no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction.
Reduce cellulite with Lumologie Cellulite Reduction.
Cellulite – most women have it and unfortunately, we have very little control over where it goes and how deep the pockets of fat are! Lumologie, thankfully, can decrease the visible signs of cellulite along side a healthy diet, detoxification methods and exercise. This new development in cellulite treatment is based on the patented technology developed in France by a leading European company whom specialise in vacuum therapy. Lumologie offers a rewarding experience that delivers deep soothing treatments to effectively define your figure and enhance skin tone in just weeks – so we recommend coming in for a consultation a good 1-2 months before you plan to be hitting the beach or debuting at a big event. It’s non-invasive device and non-surgical, totally safe and effective.
Extra reading: 7 things you need to know about cellulite
Sweat out those toxins.
At Modesty Blaise we use and recommend the use of Far Infra Red Detox Saunas for a complete detoxification that is safe, easy to use and has fantastic benefits for every body. Infrared therapy brings about a significant rise in the level of growth hormones that help to maintain lean body tissue, including muscle. A 30-minute session burns up to 1000 calories depending on your size and physical condition!
Finish it off with beautifully bronzed skin.
A flawless, streak-less and odour-less AVIVA labs spray tan will have you looking like a gorgeous Grecian goddess. Need we say more?
And a few extra tips…
- Remember that health & fitness is a holistic effort. It’s all about making sustainable and significant long-term changes!
- Keeping up with a regular diet and exercise program year round will make getting (and staying) in shape an easier task.
- Always follow the aftercare instructions for any treatment you come in to experience at Modesty Blaise. Following the instructions will ensure you get the best possible results out of your treatment!
To kick start your summer fitness preparation, this August we’re offering you Lumologie Cellulite Reduction for only $62.95 per session – or purchase 10 sessions upfront & get 2 free treatments! A sure-fire way to boost your confidence and give you sexy, smooth & dimple free legs in time for summer. This offer is valid only until August 31, so make sure to get in quick!
Click here to book.
As the mercury drops and the sky goes grey, many of us find that suddenly, our skin looks a little less soft and supple than it usually does! And unfortunately, as we reach for warm socks, hot fireplaces and even hotter showers, dry air takes away the thin layer of oil that usually leaves moisture in our skin; leaving the skin feeling dry, itchy, cracked and painful. Traumatic skin responses such as cracking can also cause an inflammatory response in the body, making skin even more susceptible to flare-ups of skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Make sure you keep your skin healthy during winter by following these preventative steps:
- Make sure your diet contains plenty of healthy, monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, including nuts, olive oil, avocado, fish and flax seeds.
- Keep usage of boiling hot water in showers and baths to a minimum, as this is a recipe for irritated skin (and hair, too)! Instead, opt for lukewarm water and moisture-filled soaps for sensitive skin. Make sure to pat down your skin to dry with a towel, keeping excessive rubbing to a minimum.
- Choose the right skincare for your face. If you’re suffering from specific skin concerns, it makes sense that a generic moisturiser from Coles or Woolworths may not be enough to get those issues under control! For patients wishing to rapidly increase the hydration of the facial skin, we recommend an Aspect Lactobotanical Peel. If a gentle exfoliation and deep hydration is what you need without the flaky downtime and the added bonus of epidermal pigment reduction and anti-bacterial properties, these L-lactic acid based peels will get you those phenomenal results your looking for. Lactobotanical peels can be performed as a one off treatment however a course of 6 treatments is recommended.
- After bathing, apply a moisturising lotion to your body, ideally within 3 minutes of bathing, to help maximise your skin’s potential to absorb the necessary moisture to protect itself. The skin on your face also responds well to hydrating serums, creams and oils being applied promptly after bathing.
- Keep up regular facials. To help your skin look its most vibrant and healthy, we recommend keeping up a regular facial routine. An Advanced Vitamin Facial is a great place to start for many people, as it can to hydrate the skin. For clients wanting deeper results, Microdermabrasion is a gentle approach to exfoliating the skin. Using a fine stream of crystals, this treatment exfoliates the upper layers of the skin promoting collagen growth. As everyone has different skin types, the intensity of the treatment can be varied so even the most sensitive of skin types can benefit from this effective treatment. The elasticity and collagen production created by microdermabrasion enhances the tone and resilience of the skin. On top of this scarring caused by acne and enlarged pores will be reduced.
- Opt for breathable cotton clothing, rather than polyester and itchy wool blends. Less fitted clothing will also help to keep your skin from becoming irritated by perspiration, which makes skin more prone to chapping.
- Give your skin a fighting chance for new skin cells to be healthy by helping it to remove hardened and flaky dead skin from the surface, revealing the healthy new skin underneath. Epidermal Levelling is a safe, painless and extremely effective clinical treatment that is designed to evenly and deeply exfoliate the skin of the face.
- Drink plenty of water. This is essential at all times of year but especially during winter – the more hydrated your body stays, the more hydrated your skin stays, too!