The weather may be cold and icy right now but don’t be fooled – summer is just around the corner! And with 4 months to go until ladies everywhere start pulling the bikinis out from the back of the closet, now is the perfect time to get out of that winter slump and kick your health & fitness regimen up a notch!
Want your best summer body ever? Here’s how to get it:
ON THE INSIDE:
Pay attention to what you’re fuelling yourself with.
Particularly in winter, where you might be less inclined to jump out of bed and go for a workout, make sure you watch what you’re consuming. This doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in those hot chocolates or cosy comfort foods, but make sure that you’re still getting plenty of fresh fruits & veggies, lean meats and proteins. Although it’s easier just to reach for another Tim Tam than it is to go for the piece of fruit when it’s cold, your body will thank you.
Keep up regular exercise.
Rain and thunderstorms might prevent you from hitting the pavement, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still get a great workout. Join a 24-hour gym and fit working out around your lifestyle or if group fitness isn’t your thing, you can try working out at home! Zumba is a great option and there are also plenty of short fitness videos on YouTube that you can follow along with at home. Make sure that you’re getting at least 30 minutes of heart-pumping exercise a day – this is particularly important if you’re coming in for treatments such as Lipo Cavitation to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your treatments!
ON THE OUTSIDE:
Get your skin smooth & sexy.
Bikini weather means bearing more skin than at any other time of year – so make sure you’re not caught out with stray hairs or worse, ingrown hairs from ineffective hair removal methods! Ouch! If you’re looking for a permanent solution that’ll mean being able to ditch the razor and the hot wax strips for good, At Modesty Blaise we offer progressive permanent hair reduction using X-Lumin-X Square Pulsed Light (SPL) technology. If you’re after something less permanent, we also offer a painless, effective and discreet waxing service.
Invest in the right skincare products to minimise sun damage before it happens.
Beach weather means long, hot days out in the sun – great for your mood, but potentially awful for your skin! To prevent premature ageing and reduce the effects of the sun’s free radicals which can cause damage, it’s a good idea to gain a thorough understanding of your specific skin so that you can invest in the right products to keep it beautifully protected.
Budge those last few stubborn cm’s of fat with Lipo Cavitation.
If your diet and exercise program alone isn’t moving some stubborn areas of fat, we can help you reduce the size of those areas using Lipo Cavitation. The treatment does not require anaesthesia, no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction.
Reduce cellulite with Lumologie Cellulite Reduction.
Cellulite – most women have it and unfortunately, we have very little control over where it goes and how deep the pockets of fat are! Lumologie, thankfully, can decrease the visible signs of cellulite along side a healthy diet, detoxification methods and exercise. This new development in cellulite treatment is based on the patented technology developed in France by a leading European company whom specialise in vacuum therapy. Lumologie offers a rewarding experience that delivers deep soothing treatments to effectively define your figure and enhance skin tone in just weeks – so we recommend coming in for a consultation a good 1-2 months before you plan to be hitting the beach or debuting at a big event. It’s non-invasive device and non-surgical, totally safe and effective.
Extra reading: 7 things you need to know about cellulite
Sweat out those toxins.
At Modesty Blaise we use and recommend the use of Far Infra Red Detox Saunas for a complete detoxification that is safe, easy to use and has fantastic benefits for every body. Infrared therapy brings about a significant rise in the level of growth hormones that help to maintain lean body tissue, including muscle. A 30-minute session burns up to 1000 calories depending on your size and physical condition!
Finish it off with beautifully bronzed skin.
A flawless, streak-less and odour-less AVIVA labs spray tan will have you looking like a gorgeous Grecian goddess. Need we say more?
And a few extra tips…
- Remember that health & fitness is a holistic effort. It’s all about making sustainable and significant long-term changes!
- Keeping up with a regular diet and exercise program year round will make getting (and staying) in shape an easier task.
- Always follow the aftercare instructions for any treatment you come in to experience at Modesty Blaise. Following the instructions will ensure you get the best possible results out of your treatment!
To kick start your summer fitness preparation, this August we’re offering you Lumologie Cellulite Reduction for only $62.95 per session – or purchase 10 sessions upfront & get 2 free treatments! A sure-fire way to boost your confidence and give you sexy, smooth & dimple free legs in time for summer. This offer is valid only until August 31, so make sure to get in quick!
Click here to book.
As the mercury drops and the sky goes grey, many of us find that suddenly, our skin looks a little less soft and supple than it usually does! And unfortunately, as we reach for warm socks, hot fireplaces and even hotter showers, dry air takes away the thin layer of oil that usually leaves moisture in our skin; leaving the skin feeling dry, itchy, cracked and painful. Traumatic skin responses such as cracking can also cause an inflammatory response in the body, making skin even more susceptible to flare-ups of skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Make sure you keep your skin healthy during winter by following these preventative steps:
- Make sure your diet contains plenty of healthy, monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, including nuts, olive oil, avocado, fish and flax seeds.
- Keep usage of boiling hot water in showers and baths to a minimum, as this is a recipe for irritated skin (and hair, too)! Instead, opt for lukewarm water and moisture-filled soaps for sensitive skin. Make sure to pat down your skin to dry with a towel, keeping excessive rubbing to a minimum.
- Choose the right skincare for your face. If you’re suffering from specific skin concerns, it makes sense that a generic moisturiser from Coles or Woolworths may not be enough to get those issues under control! For patients wishing to rapidly increase the hydration of the facial skin, we recommend an Aspect Lactobotanical Peel. If a gentle exfoliation and deep hydration is what you need without the flaky downtime and the added bonus of epidermal pigment reduction and anti-bacterial properties, these L-lactic acid based peels will get you those phenomenal results your looking for. Lactobotanical peels can be performed as a one off treatment however a course of 6 treatments is recommended.
- After bathing, apply a moisturising lotion to your body, ideally within 3 minutes of bathing, to help maximise your skin’s potential to absorb the necessary moisture to protect itself. The skin on your face also responds well to hydrating serums, creams and oils being applied promptly after bathing.
- Keep up regular facials. To help your skin look its most vibrant and healthy, we recommend keeping up a regular facial routine. An Advanced Vitamin Facial is a great place to start for many people, as it can to hydrate the skin. For clients wanting deeper results, Microdermabrasion is a gentle approach to exfoliating the skin. Using a fine stream of crystals, this treatment exfoliates the upper layers of the skin promoting collagen growth. As everyone has different skin types, the intensity of the treatment can be varied so even the most sensitive of skin types can benefit from this effective treatment. The elasticity and collagen production created by microdermabrasion enhances the tone and resilience of the skin. On top of this scarring caused by acne and enlarged pores will be reduced.
- Opt for breathable cotton clothing, rather than polyester and itchy wool blends. Less fitted clothing will also help to keep your skin from becoming irritated by perspiration, which makes skin more prone to chapping.
- Give your skin a fighting chance for new skin cells to be healthy by helping it to remove hardened and flaky dead skin from the surface, revealing the healthy new skin underneath. Epidermal Levelling is a safe, painless and extremely effective clinical treatment that is designed to evenly and deeply exfoliate the skin of the face.
- Drink plenty of water. This is essential at all times of year but especially during winter – the more hydrated your body stays, the more hydrated your skin stays, too!
To help your skin look its best this winter, for the month of June 2015 only, you can receive a Microdermabrasion Facial with Eviron Infusion for just $100.00 (save $50.00). Click here to book now.by
Dr Des Fernandes is the world pioneer in the use of advanced skin perfusion and has designed ranges of skin needling instruments to assist you in your journey of achieving radiant and youthful looking skin.
PCI Micro-needling using the Environ Medial Roll-CIT represents a revolutionary approach by which normal and natural collagen production is stimulated to smoothen and tighten the skin. In other words, the process facilitates and stimulates the skin’s natural repair and growth processes without causing any scarring or permanent damage. Continue Reading →by
Are you considering trying a detox but are uncertain exactly what the benefits could be? When a detox is completed correctly in a healthy and safe environment this will mean getting your body clean and healthy and can result in a wide range of positive effects.
Detoxing can help you a number on things, such as: Continue Reading →by
Living in the era of instant gratification and fast paced lifestyles it comes as no surprise that most of us want skincare results immediately. Not in 6 months’ time… Not in a year… But NOW. Does this sound anything like you? In this article we will be giving you a guide as to how you can achieve this with minimal effort and basic habits. Continue Reading →by
You think you’re healthy, but you don’t feel vibrant. You struggle to find the energy to get through the day. You’re irritable. Your stomach isn’t acting right. And all those headaches! These types of conditions affect many of us in our daily lives and you may simply be surrounded by too many toxins.
Not sure? Here are seven signs to look for — and how you can rid your body and feel better.by
There are several ways to keep your skin looking young, fresh, hydrated, and healthy. These include following a good skincare regime and a proper and healthy diet which consists of fruits and vegetables. When it comes to your diet, it is important to ensure that the food you eat provides you with the right amount of vitamins and minerals that your skin needs.
In this article, we shall share with you some of these important vitamins that will help your skin stay supple, and fight the signs of aging. Let’s start with: Continue Reading →by
Your body requires the right amount of nutrients in order to function at its optimal levels.
Thus, simply cutting back on calories to lose weight is never enough if you want to do it without risking your health. So before turning to the latest diet, it’s important that you consult a dietician first, as they will be able to advise you on one that is appropriate for your condition. Also, remember to avoid going on fad diets, such as the ones we’re going to share below, starting with… Continue Reading →by
Cellulite is a condition in which the skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance. It is most noticeable on the buttocks and thighs, and usually occurs after puberty.
Cellulite is often classified using three grades:
- Grade 1 – Cellulite sees no clinical symptoms, but a microscopic examination of cells from the area detects underlying anatomical changes.
- Grade 2 – Cellulite requires the skin to show pallor (pastiness), be lower temperature, and have decreased elasticity, in addition to anatomical changes noted by microscopic examinations.
- Grade 3 – Cellulite has visible roughness of the skin (like an orange peel) along with all grade 2 signs.
Although cellulite can affect both sexes, it is much more common in females, mainly because they are more likely to have particular types of fat and connective tissue.
What causes cellulite?
The causes of cellulite are not well understood, but there are several theories that have been put forward as explanations. Among these are:
- Hormonal factors – Hormones likely play an important role in cellulite development. Many believe oestrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are part of the cellulite production process.
- Genetics – Certain genes are required for cellulite development. Genes may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just underneath the skin, and circulatory insufficiency.
- Diet – People who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt and too little fibre are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite.
- Lifestyle factors – Cellulite may be more prevalent in smokers, those who do not exercise, and those who sit or stand in one position for long periods of time.
- Clothing – Underwear with tight elastic across the buttocks (limiting blood flow) may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
Dark circles, fine lines, puffiness…… eyes come with a lot of baggage but with Eyelift they don’t have to weigh you down!
Even if eyes aren’t really the windows to the soul, they certainly give a pretty good insight into what we’ve been up to. Been burning the candle at both ends? Dark circles suggest so. Been flagging on the water-intake and enjoying a glass or three of white instead? Tell tale puffiness gives the game away. This complete and effective clinical strength formula delivers a cosmetic treatment for unattractive dark circles, under eye puffiness, and crow’s feet.
Recommend Eye Products:
- Aspect Dr – Eyelift
- Smoother skin texture
- Appearance of dark under eye circles reduced
- Appearance of puffiness reduced
- Amino peptide technology
- More than 28 natural botanicals and potent antioxidants to restore what fast-paced living has taken away
- Clear Skin
- All skin types
- Dark under eye circles
- Under eye puffiness / bags
- Crow’s feet
Cosmetic Management of:
- Dark Circles
- Fine lines and wrinkles around eyes and lips
Vitamin A sometimes goes by the name of retinol. It is essential for supporting your vision, skin, healthy bone growth and your immune system.
As an antioxidant vitamin A helps the skin to repair, stay moist, and produce the enzymes that stabilise the production of collagen. As such, it is often added to skin creams, sometimes going by the name stabilised retinol.
Vitamin A is an antioxidant vitamin, so it works hard destroying the cell-damaging free radicals in your body, helping to keep you looking and feeling young. So how does vitamin A contribute to such an important job? As we age our skin, eyes, joints and even our internal organs all become less efficient. Wrinkles appear and our complexion loses its youthful glow. It’s just a fact of life. But what causes our bodies to break down in this way?
One major cause is the existence in our bodies of free radicals. Free radicals are naturally produced by our bodies, and we make even more of them when we’re subjected to stress, when we eat poorly, or when we’re exposed to pollution or cigarette smoke. In fact, many aspects of modern life encourage our bodies to manufacture more of these damaging free radicals. They then float around our bodies contributing to the damage and ageing of our organs, the visible ageing of our skin and sometimes even triggering disease. But help is at hand. Antioxidants destroy free radicals, helping us stay younger and fitter for longer.
Recommend Vitamin A Products:
- Aspect Dr
- Exfol A Plus Serum
- AHA & Vitamin A Night Serum
A potent Vitamin A formula that has superior stability coupled with exceptional cellular renewal activity for clearer, smoother, more evenly coloured, younger looking skin.
- Assists in deep delivery of nutrients
- Lightening and Brightening
- Anti-Oxidant protection
- Perfect for ageing skin
For Cosmetic Management of:
- All skin types
- Problem skin
- Congested skin
- Dull skin
- Thickened skin
- Ageing skin