Most of us women will battle cellulite at some point in our lives – and whether you develop it after having kids, after gaining/losing weight or whether you’ve had it since you were a teenager, it can often leave you feeling awful about yourself!
However, there are a few things that you should know about cellulite:
1. All women can get it, and so can men! Cellulite is more prominent in women and it’s based on much more than simply being overweight, as many people incorrectly assume. Factors include, poor diet, yoyo dieting, hormonal changes, lack of physical activity, dehydration and even the thickness of your skin.
2. There’s more than one type. Adipose cellulite is the firm cellulite (appearing like an “orange peel” on loose skin), Oedematous cellulite is caused by fluid retention (and often looks like soft cellulite on loose skin) and fibrotic cellulite is hard, compact cellulite. As not all cellulite is created equally, different people require different treatment methods, or combinations of methods, unique to their specific bodies.
3. It’s hereditary. Many of our clients come in complaining of cellulite and wondering how they got it, when they live fit and healthy lifestyles – but unfortunately, no one is safe from cellulite as it’s easily passed down through families. If your mother suffers from cellulite, for instance, it’s a fairly safe bet that you will too.
4. It can appear anywhere on the body. Most women experience cellulite on the upper thighs and buttocks, but it can appear in any area with little circulation.
5. Exercising before cellulite treatments helps the muscles warm up, and increase the chances of success for your treatment.
6. Body brushing treatments at home will help combat the appearance of new cellulite, in addition to cellulite treatments such as Lumologie to fight the appearance of your existing cellulite.
7. Your diet can play a big part. Although cellulite is largely hereditary, your lifestyle does play a big role. Where possible, avoid eating highly processed and artificial foods or foods that contain sweeteners and additives, which are known to contribute to the development of cellulite.
Are you looking to fight the appearance of cellulite? Our Lumologie & Lipo Cavitation treatments may be able to help you.
Lumologie is a non-invasive treatment that works along side a healthy diet, detoxification methods exercise helping make cellulite something of the past. This new development in cellulite treatment is based on the patented technology developed in France by a leading European company whom specialise in vacuum therapy.
Ultrasound Lipo Cavitation is a new, revolutionary fat removal technology that does NOT involve surgery. The treatment does not require anesthesia , no discomfort, no hospital stay or either no time off work. Cavitation presents a fabulous risk free alternative to traditional liposuction.
To help you fight the appearance of cellulite, make sure to take a look at our special monthly offer on Lipo Cavitation, running for this July only. Click here to book now.by
As the mercury drops and the sky goes grey, many of us find that suddenly, our skin looks a little less soft and supple than it usually does! And unfortunately, as we reach for warm socks, hot fireplaces and even hotter showers, dry air takes away the thin layer of oil that usually leaves moisture in our skin; leaving the skin feeling dry, itchy, cracked and painful. Traumatic skin responses such as cracking can also cause an inflammatory response in the body, making skin even more susceptible to flare-ups of skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Make sure you keep your skin healthy during winter by following these preventative steps:
- Make sure your diet contains plenty of healthy, monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, including nuts, olive oil, avocado, fish and flax seeds.
- Keep usage of boiling hot water in showers and baths to a minimum, as this is a recipe for irritated skin (and hair, too)! Instead, opt for lukewarm water and moisture-filled soaps for sensitive skin. Make sure to pat down your skin to dry with a towel, keeping excessive rubbing to a minimum.
- Choose the right skincare for your face. If you’re suffering from specific skin concerns, it makes sense that a generic moisturiser from Coles or Woolworths may not be enough to get those issues under control! For patients wishing to rapidly increase the hydration of the facial skin, we recommend an Aspect Lactobotanical Peel. If a gentle exfoliation and deep hydration is what you need without the flaky downtime and the added bonus of epidermal pigment reduction and anti-bacterial properties, these L-lactic acid based peels will get you those phenomenal results your looking for. Lactobotanical peels can be performed as a one off treatment however a course of 6 treatments is recommended.
- After bathing, apply a moisturising lotion to your body, ideally within 3 minutes of bathing, to help maximise your skin’s potential to absorb the necessary moisture to protect itself. The skin on your face also responds well to hydrating serums, creams and oils being applied promptly after bathing.
- Keep up regular facials. To help your skin look its most vibrant and healthy, we recommend keeping up a regular facial routine. An Advanced Vitamin Facial is a great place to start for many people, as it can to hydrate the skin. For clients wanting deeper results, Microdermabrasion is a gentle approach to exfoliating the skin. Using a fine stream of crystals, this treatment exfoliates the upper layers of the skin promoting collagen growth. As everyone has different skin types, the intensity of the treatment can be varied so even the most sensitive of skin types can benefit from this effective treatment. The elasticity and collagen production created by microdermabrasion enhances the tone and resilience of the skin. On top of this scarring caused by acne and enlarged pores will be reduced.
- Opt for breathable cotton clothing, rather than polyester and itchy wool blends. Less fitted clothing will also help to keep your skin from becoming irritated by perspiration, which makes skin more prone to chapping.
- Give your skin a fighting chance for new skin cells to be healthy by helping it to remove hardened and flaky dead skin from the surface, revealing the healthy new skin underneath. Epidermal Levelling is a safe, painless and extremely effective clinical treatment that is designed to evenly and deeply exfoliate the skin of the face.
- Drink plenty of water. This is essential at all times of year but especially during winter – the more hydrated your body stays, the more hydrated your skin stays, too!